My oldest daughter was diagnosed with Lyme Disease several weeks ago. Treatment requires a 21 day round of antibiotics. Because of this we are all going on the SCD diet for the next 6 weeks. This has me experimenting in the kitchen more than normal. These pancakes are a hit and the platter is always bare when breakfast is over. Soft, fluffy, and naturally sweet from the coconut flour. No one will ever know these are grain-free.
This recipe is SCD and GAPS friendly. Serve with fresh fruit or honey.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon oil/fat (olive oil, butter, coconut oil, ghee)
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Grease a griddle or skillet generously and ladle batter onto griddle forming 4 inch cakes.
- When bubbles form, flip and cook until done.
Linked To:Mama Moments, Make It Yourself Monday, Homestead Barn Hop,Modest Monday, Fat Tuesday, Frugal Ways Sustainable Ways, Teach Me Tuesday, Tending the Home, Eco-Kids Tuesday, Healthy Today Wednesday,Encourage One Another Wednesday, Works for Me Wednesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Hope In Every Season, Natural Living Link-Up, Alive Thrive Thursday, Walking Redeemed, Creative Christian Mama, Centsibly Sugar-Free