Ready to go into the oven
Blueberry Peach Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup melted butter, divided
- 1 quart canned peaches, drained, reserve liquid
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sucanat, divided
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 5 cups gluten free oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9x 13 inch glass baking pan pour 1/4 cup of the melted butter to coat bottom of pan.
- Pour the drained peaches into the pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the blueberries over the peaches.
- Evenly sprinkle 1/2 cup of the sucanat and cinnamon over the fruit mixture.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, other 1/2 cup sucanat, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg. salt and stir. Pour the reserved peach juice into a liquid measuring cup, then add yogurt until you have 1 1/2 cups of liquid. Add this yogurt, juice mixture to the oats.
- Add eggs, the other 1/4 cup melted butter, and milk to the oats and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour oat mixture evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes.
The following two tabs change content below.
Katie is a military wife and mother of 4 with 1 on the way. She is passionate about family, food and serving the LORD. By day you may find her changing diapers, folding laundry, home educating her older children, and cooking three meals a day with a baby on her hip next to a sink of dirty dishes. By night she writes and shares recipes, tips, and tutorials for economical, nourishing and simple gluten-free foods at Simple Foody.