Bacon. It’s yummy, and a great
addiction addition to any meal. But when cooking for a large family, it can be tedious to sit over that cast iron skillet to cook up a pound for everyone to devour in 5 minutes. That’s when the oven and 2 cookie sheets make Saturday morning so much easier!
Cooking bacon up in the oven is quick and requires little hands on time. And keeps those little fingers from sneaking a piece when you’re not looking. No getting popped with bacon grease either, I can hear you cheer from here.
Frugal Tip:Drain the bacon grease into a jar by tilting the cookie sheet to one corner, save this liquid gold for frying up eggs or hash browns! Have leftover bacon? Make this chocolate covered bacon for a sweet treat.
- 1 lb. bacon (preferably nitrate free)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Evenly spread the bacon over 2 cookie sheets, be careful that they don't overlap each other.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, then flip bacon strips.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until done.
Thick cut bacon will take about 5 minutes longer than regular cut bacon.