I love salmon cakes. They are easy to make, and generally an economical nutrient dense dish that the whole family enjoys. My kids love them with ketchup but we prefer then with a tangy lemon rosemary yogurt sauce.
We cook up half of this recipe, about 10-11 salmon cakes for eating now, then I make the rest into salmon cakes (uncooked) and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and flash freeze for when I need a quick no hassle dinner later on in the month. Once the salmon cakes are frozen, transfer them to a freezer container or zip top freezer bag. You can also place them in a food saver bag and seal for an extra long shelf life (3-4 months). When you are ready to prepare them, fry them up as you normally would. Easy, right?
Make these salmon cakes baby and toddler friendly by making smaller salmon cakes using only 1 Tablespoon of the salmon mixture.
- 3) 14.75 oz. cans canned salmon, drained
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- Coconut oil or ghee
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except coconut oil and mix well. I do this in a stand mixer, although it can be done by hand.
- In a large skillet add 2-4 tablespoons of coconut oil or ghee. Once oil is hot make your salmon cakes into small patties and fry until golden brown on both sides.*
- Add more coconut oil or ghee as needed.
*Use an ice cream scoop to form the salmon cakes. Plop the salmon mixture directly into the skillet and use the back of the ice cream scoop to flatten the patty out for a no mess salmon cake making experience.
This is an easy yogurt sauce to make and adds an extra kick to many dishes.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
Foodie Friday’s, Mama Moments, Make It Yourself Monday, Homestead Barn Hop,Modest Monday, Fat Tuesday, Frugal Ways Sustainable Ways, Teach Me Tuesday, Tending the Home, Eco-Kids Tuesday, Healthy Today Wednesday,Encourage One Another Wednesday, Works for Me Wednesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Wellness Wednesday,Walking Redeemed, Hope In Every Season, Natural Living Link-Up, Alive Thrive Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday,Home Acre Hop, Get Fit Friday, Creative Christian Mama, Centsibly Sugar-Free, Old Fashion Recipe Exchange