Welcome to Simple Meals Friday!
This week we have a new host joining us, Sarah from Simple Life, Abundant Life! She is the wife of a youth pastor and mom to 2 cute boys. She writes about ministry, nutrition, parenthood, and simple living. Did you see the “simple” theme we have going on right now? Not only is this blog hop focused on simple foods but all of the hosts try our best to live simple lives that glorify our Creator. If you aren’t familiar with Sarah’s blog be sure to stop over there and get to know her a bit!
There is nothing like having a collection of simple meals to throw together in a slow cooker in the morning or in a skillet as a quick, last-minute dinner. What are your favorite to prepare slow cooker meals, skillet meals, freezer meals, soups, salads, drinks and desserts?
We want to know the foods to turn to when you are short of time. It’s great to learn from and be inspired by others. When you share your recipe on this link-up it will show up on all 3 of the host’s sites. If you don’t have a blog, no problem, you can also share your recipes in the comments.
Meet Your Hosts
Please Read and Follow these Simple Meals Friday Rules
- Keep the foods “nourishing”, such as homemade chicken stocks, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, healthy fats (lard, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, tallow), unrefined sugars, flours and salts and meats.
- Please don’t include recipes using processed oils such as soy and canola oil, msg laden bouillon and other highly processed foods. If I notice a recipe using these ingredients it will be deleted. Try to incorporate traditional methods of preparing foods like, sprouting, soaking, sourdough and lacto-fermentation.
- Link back to this blog hop, it is a common linking courtesy. It helps to build a stronger blogging community. That way we can all learn and share with each other.
We enjoyed reading all your submissions. The hosts will pick a favorite post to feature on next week’s Simple Meals Friday. If you want to be featured please be sure to link back to this blog hop. Our favorites will be featured on facebook and pintrest!
Featured Simple Meals
1. Spicy Roasted Chickpeas from Natural Chow
2. Quinoa Black Bean Pumpkin Stew from Avocado Pesto
Are you ready to link-up?