a ‘biscuit’ with eggs
My little guy still doesn’t have teeth (at 11 months), but he loves to feed himself. I needed something small that he could hold, soft enough for his gums, gluten free, preferably organic and soaked grain for optimal nutrition. So I set to work on creating something. My older kids even liked these and declared them ‘banana cookies’ and begged for more. I’m not sure cookie is the right term as this recipe is only very lightly sweetened. Perfect for a snack, or as a side to any meal.
ready to go into the oven
- 1 cup gluten free organic oats
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice
- 1/2 cup organic amaranth
- 1/2 cup organic whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 1 organic banana
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon real salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a blender combine the first 6 ingredients and blend for 1-2 minutes until a batter is formed, let sit covered for 12 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Just before baking add: maple syrup, banana, pumpkin and blend for an additional minute until well combined, then add salt, spices, and baking powder, blend until combined.
- Pour batter into a food grade plastic bag, snip the corner, and pipe batter into small finger like shapes onto a parchment lined baking stone or cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
*store biscuits in an airtight container on counter for 2 days or freeze leftover biscuits